From Settings, you can create custom rubric categories. For each rubric category you create, you'll be asked to provide a category name and descriptions for performance. You can also create a custom rubric from the New Assignment window.
- The rubric categories you create will then be available to attach to assignments. You can also use these rubrics across different classes, the classes just have to match the subject and grade level of the original class.
Click "Add Another" to increase the rubric's scale
- Rubrics are based on the points assigned and weighted accordingly. So when you append a rubric category to an assignment, you can select 4, 3, 2 ,1 as a score. That gives the student a point score based on the rubric score you've chosen.
- Example: if an assignment is worth 10 points, and a student scores a 3 on a rubric, then the student has earned 7.5 points. The math is as follows:
(student’s score on rubric category / 4) x (assignment value) = student score
When students complete an assignment it is uploaded directly to your assignments page. Select the star to start grading.
A new window should appear.
- If you are grading by rubrics, click on "rubrics" to expand this section
- Choose what level the student is performing at for each rubric category.
- Your grades will then be averaged and weighted based on the number of points assigned to the lesson. The math is as follows: (student’s score on rubric category / 4) x (assignment value) = student score
- Click "Submit Grade" to finish!