Counselors are important to the school community and uniquely trained to help students’ academic and personal development. Here are some ways counselors can use Kiddom Classroom for their distinct needs:
Planner/Timeline: Create Assignments to Track Student Skills and Growth
- Share Google Docs as journal assignments where students can reflect over time to daily prompts. This is a great way to encourage self-reflection, document feelings, and check in.
Collaboration Features: Co-Plan Curriculum and Share Student Progress
- View Student Data as a collaborator to support self-advocacy skills
- Create your Own Curriculum to share school-wide advisory classes or programs (anti-bullying, positive behavioral systems, etc.)
- Share resources for mental health; assessing student interests, abilities, and skills; goal setting; college applications and more
- Share strategies to support time management, learning strategies, social skills, and best practices for supporting healthy social emotional growth
Reports: SEL, Custom Standards for Goal Setting and Tracking
- Use Collaboration for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) Standards to track students with our available standards. See more about How Kiddom Supports SEL .
- Create goals as custom standards to track and share with student support teams. See more about tracking IEP Goals on Kiddom.
Search among our resources and content providers for social emotional, behavioral, and academic skills that teaches the whole child. Search using “Social Emotional Learning” as the class filter to browse among these and more providers:
- MindYeti: Mindfulness lessons
- Peekapak: Behavioral lessons and exercises for younger audiences
- EVERFI: Lessons geared toward older students for social emotional development and goal setting
- PBS, Flocabulary, TEDED: Various resources on social emotional and academic skills
- Listenwise: Audio recordings that touch on social emotional themes
Social Emotional Learning 101
Looking for ways to include social emotional competencies and how to integrate it with Kiddom? Check out this free resource. You can find it for download among other educator resources here: https://www.kiddom.co/resources