How Do I Add, Invite, Edit or Delete Students?
There are several different ways to add students to your class. If you want to invite them directly into your class, start with Invite Students to Join.
Note: If your students are rostered via Clever, Classlink, or another SIS you won't be able to add, remove, or edit students in Kiddom. Check with your building or district IT department for help with those changes.
Invite Students to Join
Invite students to join your class using your unique class code.
- From the class landing page, click on the add people icon and choose Add Student.
2. Provide students with your class code, and have them join your class. If they haven't signed up for Kiddom yet, they can sign up here.
3. Once students have entered your class code, you will get a notification letting you know that they have joined.
You can also send your students a mass email with the class code. Just copy and paste their emails and we will send them a link that already has the class code.
Adding Students to your Roster
- Set Up Class Roster allows you to copy and paste a list of students directly into your class.
- Manually, you can type each student's name into the box. Hitting enter or the tab key will automatically add the student to your list.
NOTE: Students added to your roster this way will not have access to their assignments and real-time reports. This is an option if you would only like to use Kiddom as a gradebook to input student scores. This does not create student accounts.
Editing Student Names
No worries! We misspell things too. If you notice a student's name is spelled incorrectly, simply go to your Classroom page and select the student. Once you do, you should see three vertical dots or the menu icon. Click the menu and then select edit.
Click "Save" when you are done and that student is all set. If your students are managed via an SIS, click the blue chat icon on the bottom left to send us a message.
It’s sad to see students go, but if you need to delete them from your class, you can do this by clicking on the student's name, and from the pop-out menu, click on the “three dots” button and you see an option to delete the student.