Does Kiddom Support the Response to Intervention (RTI) Framework?
Kiddom helps teachers make data-informed decisions for every student more quickly and efficiently when using the RTI framework.
Tier 1: High-Quality Classroom Instruction, Screening, and Group Interventions
- With Kiddom, teachers are able to align assessments to Common Core, state, social emotional learning or custom standards, ensuring that all students are measured against the same criteria for determining interventions..
- Kiddom’s reports visualize student mastery levels over time by standard (or skill), allowing teachers to make instructional adjustments on the go. Students can be identified for Tier 2 intervention within the RTI-recommended eight weeks, rather than waiting for the end of a grading period to analyze achievement data.
- Using the curriculum builder, teachers can assign self-guided activities to students in tier 1, while they work more intensively with small groups of students in need of remediation.
Tier 2: Targeted Interventions
- With Kiddom, teachers can easily search and assign standards-aligned resources from providers like CK-12, Khan Academy, and more- all from one place.
- Teachers can assign students multimedia resources from across grade levels, including videos, lessons, quizzes, and activities and tailor their assignments to student learning styles and needs.
- Content from teachers’ Planners can be assigned directly to the whole class, groups of students, or individual students based on mastery levels.
Tier 3: Intensive Interventions and Comprehensive Evaluation
- Kiddom enables teachers to create custom standards to track Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals or other personal learning targets.
- With Kiddom, teachers may also add collaborators, giving co-teachers, teacher teams, paraprofessionals, counselors, or therapists access to student assignments, grades, and communication. Having all support staff on the same page for Tier 3 students ensures they can receive holistic, data-informed instruction in all areas.
- It’s important for families to stay in the loop so that they can support their students at home, too. Using Kiddom, parents can also monitor student progress. Teachers can download/print student reports with one click to share with families in conferences or via e-mail.